ECCLESIASTIC LANDMARKS

Non-traditional and Film-Friendly Ecclesiastic Landmarks

Krnov synagogue

The Neo-Roman building was constructed between 1871-1872 by the builder Ernest Latzel and features a Moorish architecture of the interior. It was one of the few regional synagogues that was saved from destruction during the Nazi occupation, when the town council decided, by a single-vote margin, to approve the builder Franz Irblich’s motion to quickly refashion the synagogue as a town marketplace. After the war, the building was first utilized as a warehouse, then as the county archive. After the 1997 flood, Judaism enthusiasts and young Krnov patriots came up with the idea of preserving the highly damaged synagogue for future generations. The ceremonial re-opening of the synagogue took place in June of 2014.

Moravian-Silesian Tourism, s.r.o.
Vítkovická 3335
702 00 Ostrava-Vítkovice

Hana Vítková

+420 734 766 746

film@mstourism.cz
 

FACEBOOK: @moravskoslezskafilmoffice

YOUTUBE: Moravskoslezský kraj

© Moravian-Silesian Tourism s.r.o.

Datový zdroj 3_300x-8.png